You no longer need to wait for facebook timeline now it is available to activate for your facebook profile. Timeline is an amazing feature released by facebook to give it’s user an easy way to rediscover the things they shared previously to enjoy and to relive their life. And of course you can also share new experiences too!
How to Activate Facebook Timeline:
Though facebook timeline is now available worldwide, you need to follow these steps to activate it right now.
To activate facebook timeline you need to visit this page Introducing Timeline and click on “Get Timeline“which you will find under video at right on bottom.
You are just one step away before publishing your new profile. Now you will find instruction written just above your preview profile.
Now you find two buttons appearing at the top right to take tour or you can publish your timeline.
If you choose publish now your profile will get timeline for 7-days review period and if you select take tour you will find this:
Facebook Timeline Tips and Tricks:
- On the right side you will find Archive of all the activities you did that year. Click on any year to view your activities:
- For privacy concern they have included in timeline for users to which post they want to show in timeline. For instance, click on pencil icon at the top of any post and select “Hide from timeline” this would not delete that post from your account but it will hide it in timeline.
- You can get rid of annoying advert by clicking on “X” button appearing next to that advert. Facebook will then ask you what kind of advert you like to appear on account.
- You can now change which photo should be on the large size as a primary image (featured) to be shown on your new album. By clicking on the pencil button you can adjust.
- As I have discussed previously the way you can check how your facebook profile will appear to others. Click the cog icon under your cover photo; then select “View as”.
Activity Log – To See Your Activities:
- Activity log will make it easy for you to get all your updates from today back to when you first started using Facebook (remember only you can check your activity log).
- You will find 2 dropdown buttons next to each story in activity log. First will help you adjust the privacy of your post and second will help you make your post appear on timeline.
- By clicking on “All” you can find certain type of story. For example you can view only photos or only posts to appear.
7-Day Review Timeline:
You should know this before you activate your facebook timeline.
- When you upgrade to facebook timeline you will get 7-days to review everything that appears on your timeline before anyone else can see.
- You are also allowed to publish timeline at anytime during the review period.
- If you will not your timeline will goes live automatically after seven days.
- New timeline will only replace your profile with new, but all your stories and photos will still remain.
- You can still view how your new profile (timeline) will appear to other people.