If you are keen on Sci-fi stories and real-time strategy games, you may also love Space Settlers developed by Digiarty Software, Inc. in late 2012. This is the first online multi-player Sci-fi themed game for iOS devices including iPhone iPad iPod touch. The graphics are sharp, gameplay is easy, and the whole game is very addictive once you get started.
Graphics: It is created with dark blue color that makes you feel like walking in the cold outer space. All the hand-draw bases, buildings, weapons, and various accessories are splendid and of high level.
Storyline: It is about human intelligence and advanced technology. Based on Stephen Hawking’s theory and the discovery of God Particles, some explorers went to outer space for Dark Energy Crystal. It brought about space bottlers among different space settlers and legions.
The developer has released the first upgrade to Space Settlers with some new features:
- Added two PVE maps;
- Increased the upper limit of building and tech level to 60;
- Added a brand-new game mode “Land of Challenge” so that players can find coordinate [0,0] to take challenge ceaselessly. The winner will be awarded chariot accessories and weapons of high levels;
and so on.
Now let’s take a closer look at this online iOS game.
It features in mech combat which allows players to load their weapons according to their desires. Currently there are 25+ mech chariot types and 100+ accessories to meet players’ different needs. But remember in mind, to upgrade your weapons, you should gain more Dark Energy Crystals.
Besides, it is also real-time strategy game. It asks intelligence to fight with enemy legions/players, to gain more Dark Energy Crystals, and to occupy more planets. So, it is also important to choose legion before joining in.
You will also find Space Settlers interesting as you can invite your friends to fight with you together and chat with them online.
How to play Space Settlers?
- Download it for free from Apple App Store:
- Install it on your iPhone, iPad, and on iPod touch.
- Choose a server and create an account. Now totally 3 servers are available: Doom, Dawn, and Daylight.
- Start building your base and collect Dark Energy Crystals.
You can also visit the developer’s site here: http://www.iphogame.com/spacesettlers/