I know most of you know how to use facebook on mobile for free and also its quite popular with youth of today but as for couple of weeks my friends are complaining that they are not able to access facebook on their mobile for free so instead telling the way to them I thought to write a short tip that I apply on my mobile to access facebook for free.
If you guys have seen the ad displaying on a right side of your home page that contains a link printed on it, it says you can use facebook on mobile for free, just you need to enter this link on your mobile browser to access free facebook but it’s not just link you need to enter to use free facebook. You also need to do few settings before entering that link in your mobile browser.
It’s quite easy you just need to do few settings by yourself if it’s not been set in your mobile by default. In few handsets these settings are set by default.
Settings for Your Handsets
I’m a fan of Nokia, since my childhood I am using Nokia mobile handsets and as I am not a genius person I don’t know any other handset settings. So if you’re using any Nokia handsets follow these settings to use facebook on mobile for free.
- Open menu of your phone>settings>connectivity>destination (Remember we are finding internet settings here, if your phone doesn’t shows internet settings with the mentioned path then search according to your mobile phone – every mobile has different settings).
- If WAP settings are not in your phone then click on option>create new access point and fill all the details mentioned below.
- Connection name – Airtel Live!, Data bearer – Packet Data , Access point name – airtelfun.com, username – leave it blank, Prompt password – No, Password – Leave it blank, Authentication – Normal, Homepage – http://live.airtelworld.com, Use access point – After confirmation (we are setting your phone on Airtel network).
- Now click on option>advance settings and follow this, Network type – Ipv4, Phone IP address – Automatic, DNS address – Automatic, Proxy server address – 220.127.116.11, Proxy port number – 8080.
- Save everything, open your mobile browser and type http://0.facebook.com > ok/go at the time of choosing internet profile select ‘WAP’ to access that website, make sure you are not selecting ‘Internet’ or you will be charged to access that facebook link.
At the time of accessing free facebook link you will only be asked to select (WAP) at mobile access point, but, if by default WAP settings are set in your phone it won’t ask otherwise it will ask by the name you set at the time of creating your access point.
0.facebook.com – It’s FREE
You can access 0.facebook.com without any data charges that means this link – 0.facebook.com is totally free the only charge you have to pay is for the photos you click on to view else if you just surf for regular updates it’s totally FREE
Note – Facebook on mobile for free is available only in these three networks – Airtel, Reliance, and Videocon. If you’re using any other network then this won’t work in your case or change your operator while retaining the same number.